A coloured basin certainly makes a statement in the bathroom.
It’s a trend we will see more of as bathrooms evolve to include more colour.
White basins are a safe choice and they come in a range of shapes, sizes and depths. You can’t go wrong with a white basin and it’s uniformity with other white fixtures makes it a reliable choice.
Coloured basins can be ceramic, stone or concrete. Your stone varieties will be natural in colour.
Ceramic coloured basins will be limited in choice of colour (usually black, grey, pink, blue and green).
Concrete basins can offer a range of different colours to suit your desired basin.
Coloured basins will be above counter installation or wall hung. If you want an inset or semi-recessed basin, a white basin will be your only choice – for now.
Coloured Basin Stockists
Key points to consider when choosing a coloured basin
- Think about the cleaning aspect as a white basin can be more forgiving with cleaning.
- Most coloured basins are made in Australia so you will be supporting and Aussie business.
- Most coloured basins won’t have an overflow.
- For above counter basins, ensure the vanity is the right height.
- Concrete is heavy, so ensure your vanity of choice will be able to hold the extra weight.
Do you love the look of coloured basins? Or is white your go to always?
Disclosure: There are affiliate links on this post. Should you choose to purchase an item from the link with an * I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.