Happy Blogiversary to The Plumbette! I have been blogging for over a year now and I missed my 1 year blogiversary because I was in hospital having my second child Magdalene. Now that I am under control (well at least for the next hour while I write this post!!), I have decided to write and celebrate it now.
When I started The Plumbette, I gave myself a year to write and build content to ensure that it wouldn’t be a burden and that I could maintain updating it each week. The thing is, I enjoy writing immensely and my blog is one of my favourite projects of the week. It is a work in progress though. I learn new things all the time about the blogging world and I am so keen to learn more, I have booked myself to go to the Probloggers Conference in September on the Gold Coast.
Since I’ve started blogging, I now read and follow other blogs which inspire me to keep writing my own. I also follow other plumbers and tradies on Facebook and Twitter who are slowly getting on board the social media scene.
I love that I can write about the frustrations or funny moments in my trade and in my personal life. I also love that I can be totally honest and find writing about issues of my work and personal life therapeutic. Hopefully it encourages you too as you live your day to day life in whatever way or form.
One part of my blog that was missing for quite some time was a comments section. Most readers would contact me via the contact form or post a comment on Facebook or Twitter. My comments section is now on each blog post. It’s taken me a while to work out how to use codes to make certain things appear on my website.
I will also be sending out a newsletter once a month and would love for you to subscribe to it. In my newsletter I will have a wrap up of blogs from the previous month on The Plumbette, plus exclusive give aways and a plumbing tip to ensure that you will be prepared should a plumbing emergency ever arise on your property.
I have run three give aways this year and have enjoyed running them and reading your emails. Don’t be shy in entering them. I love a good competition and I want to be give back to my readers as some of you are clients and have been incredibly generous to me by giving me your plumbing work or some of you have given me your time by reading my blog. It’s only fair to give back.
Since it’s my first year blog anniversary (the anniversary was actually in February) I have another give away! And it’s cold, hard cash.
One vital part of my blog that has been missing is a tag line. The tag line should be where my logo is but I have been umming and aahing over what I want my tag line to be.
And this is where I need the help of you my readers because in order for me to create a fabulous tag line, I need to find out what it is that keeps you coming back to read The Plumbette.
So I am asking you to write to me whether in the comments section of this post or via my contact form what you want to see more of on The Plumbette or ideas of what you would like to see on The Plumbette. I have written about my personal life but some readers may prefer just to read about plumbing.
The giveaway is $100 cash which will be sent through PayPal, sponsored by The Plumbette. This competition is open world wide. The $100 will be Australian currency so depending on your currency and the rates that PayPal use will depend on whether you get more or less of the amount sent. The most interesting, creative and helpful answer will win the cash.
To enter all you need to do is
- Subscribe to The Plumbette newsletter – just enter your name and email on the side of this blog page where it says Newsletter
- Use the Comments section below or the Contact Form and answer ‘What kind of articles would you like to see written on The Plumbette and why?’ in 50 words or less.
- Extra entries can be sent if you follow The Plumbette on Facebook or Twitter
The most interesting entry will win the $100 AND have their suggestion written up on my blog.
Terms and Conditions
These terms shall apply to all giveaways and competitions run on this site, www.theplumbette.com.au
- This is a game of skill. Each valid entry to be judged on creativity and originality, not by chance.
- There is one prize of $100AUD sent via PayPal (the winner must have a valid PayPal account) to the winner. If the winner is overseas, The Plumbette is not responsible for the currency exchange rate or fees used by PayPal.
- Entries open from 11pm Sunday 5th May 2013 to Monday 27th May 2013 11pm AEST
- Prize is not transferable or changeable
- Prize sent out by The Plumbette will not be replaced in the event that it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit or lost in cyberspace.
- Additional entries if you share on Facebook or Twitter, but you must email a second or third valid entry answering the question in 50 words or less. Also please leave how you shared in the email.
- A valid email address must be included in your entry
- Entry into any giveaway or competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- The winner will be notified by email and has 5 days to reply and claim the prize. The winner will also be announced on Facebook.
- The decision on the winner is final and no dialogue will be entered into otherwise.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime without notice