Congratulations to Lauren Broadbent, winner of the $50 Best Restaurant Voucher
Did my title catch you off guard? Isn’t Proverbs 31 about a noble woman? It certainly is and it’s one of my favourite passages in the bible, but I read these passages recently with new eyes and I wanted to share my insight with you.
You see, there is more than one character in these verses that many Christian women aspire to be like. There in the background is the husband who I’ve named the Proverbs 31 man. The focus of these verses is always on the woman, and rightly so because she runs an efficient household and small business. The Proverbs 31 woman sounds too good to be true. But the easiest way for women to imitate this noble woman is to have a heart that loves Jesus and desires to bless others with the gifts and abilities God has given her.
This is what I try to do in my life. To the online and outside world I look busy. I write two blogs, I’ve just had a newborn, I have two little girls and a husband to connect with as well as the day to day running of our household. Life is busy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
What the outside world doesn’t see is my husband who believes in my talents, encourages me to pursue my dreams and supports me with the housework and the raising of our daughters. He’s not the perfect husband and I’m certainly not the perfect wife. But we are perfect for each other and make a perfect team together.
In Proverbs 31:11 the verses read
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good and not harm, all the days of her life.
And verse 23
Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
And verse 28
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her;
A husband and wife that encourage and support each other in their life’s pursuits are given incredible favour. This positive and beautiful respect for each other, lifts each one up in their God given roles.
Appreciation shouldn’t be a one way street, it should be infinite in family life.
I wouldn’t be the woman I am now without Jacob. As an example of his good character, these last 7 weeks he has cared for me, taken over the cooking of the evening meals, played with our girls, washed and hung out loads of washing, done the housework and he has helped me with my blog post ideas. Today we are heading to the Problogger Conference on the Gold Coast where he will look after Phoebe in between feeds so I can learn more about the craft of blogging.
For me, blogging and writing online is the best way for me to be the stay at home mum that I want to be. Jacob knows my heart and he wants me to pursue this area because this working arrangement will benefit our family.
Jacob is an example of a Proverbs 31 man. So is my dad. If you look around, there are Proverbs 31 men everywhere. Sadly there are also men who live like authoritarians and domestic violence against women is at an all time high. This is unacceptable behavior. If only these men realized the favour they would receive by treating the women in their lives well. There would be more happy families and loving homes.
With Fathers Day coming up, I believe it is the perfect time to say thank you to the Proverbs 31 men in our lives. Thank you for being an example to our sons on how to treat women with respect. And thank you for showing our daughters how they should be valued.
To celebrate Father’s Day I have a $50 Best Restaurants Gift Card to giveaway. To enter, leave a comment below stating what you appreciate the most about your dad or husband. The gift voucher will not be received in time for Fathers Day so keep this in mind when entering.
Terms and Conditions
These terms shall apply to all giveaways and competitions run on this site, www.theplumbette.com.au
1. This is a game of skill. Each valid entry to be judged on creativity and originality, not by chance.
2. There is one prize: One $50 Best Restaurants Gift Card.
3. Entries open from Thursday 28th August 2014 6am Brisbane Time to Friday 5th September 2014 6pm Brisbane Time.
4. Prize is not transferable or changeable
5. Prize sent out by Menulog will not be replaced in the event it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit or virtually.
6. Entry is via leaving a comment or sending an email to answer the question.
7. A valid email address must be included in your entry.
8. Entry into any giveaway or competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
9. Entrants must be Australian residents and aged 18 or over
10. The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to reply and claim the prize. The winner will also be announced on Facebook. This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook.
11. The decision on the winner is final and no dialogue will be entered into otherwise.
12. These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime without notice
All Bible verses have been taken from the NIV version.