If you recycle toilet rolls like I do for craft activities, you will love making this Unicorn Toilet Roll Craft.
We go through a few toilet rolls each week. Not because we have the runs, but simply because I have kids that like to run the roll a few times when it comes time to wipe. If you have a gastro outbreak, like we did at the beginning of the year, those toilet rolls unravel pretty quickly.
I recycle the toilet rolls and keep them for craft activities. Since Kindy and Daycares don’t accept the rolls for craft play as they are unhygienic, I still keep them because the cylinders can be crafted into a number of animals and objects.
Lately, I’ve noticed a huge fascination with unicorns. Unicorn macaroons, unicorn cakes, unicorn bark and unicorn slippers! My girls are into My Little Ponies and anything horse related. Even Esther has a fur-real pets unicorn that she has sitting on top of her bookcase. It hardly gets played with because it’s so special. And probably because the batteries ran out.
The girls enjoyed making this unicorn toilet roll craft and I’m sure, if you’ve got kids obsessed with unicorns, they will have fun making it too.
Unicorn Toilet Roll Craft Materials
- Toilet roll
- Pastel coloured paper we used green)
- 2 pipe cleaners
- 2 small pompoms
- 2 cotton balls
- 2 googley eyes
1. Roll the pastel green paper around the toilet roll with glue and trim the edges.
2. Grab the two pipe cleaners and twist them around each other. Use your finger to twirl the pipe cleaners around your finger to a point. This will be the unicorn’s horn.
3. Sticky tape the horn towards the back of the toilet roll. Glue on the cotton balls.
4. Glue on the eyes.
5. Glue on the nostrils.
6. Curl the ribbon and tape this on the back inside of the toilet roll.
7. Make a few more and you kids can name and play with their unicorn.