This post has been written in collaboration with Finish
Most modern kitchens allow a space under the sink for a dishwasher. What used to be a luxury appliance, is now common place in most family kitchens.
But there are some people like my dad who don’t own a dishwasher. He’s installed hundreds of dishwashers as a plumber but has never installed one in his own home. I used to think like my dad until I embraced the other side of living and now I don’t know what we would do without our dishwasher.
Jacob is the chief stacker in our house. Once the dishwasher is full (after a couple of days), I put the dishwashing tablet in and I get Esther to press the buttons to turn it on. Either Jacob or I unstack it depending on who’s not busy at the time.
Running a dishwasher can be classed as an unnecessary expense but here are some ways on how to save money using your dishwasher.
- Rinse plates and cutlery in a sink full of water, rather than rinsing under the tap. Not only will you save water, but you will prevent food build up in the dishwasher.
- Always put the dishwasher on when it is full.
- Use the most economic cycle with a good quality detergent or tablet like Finish Quantum.
- Buy your dishwasher tablets in bulk. We buy our Finish Quantum tablets in bulk from Big W.
- Use a dishwasher cleaner once every couple of months. You are meant to clean your dishwasher every month, but I have found if you rinse your plates and use a good quality dishwashing tablet, your dishwasher won’t require to be cleaned as often. If it starts to smell a little off and you want to prolong using the next dishwasher cleaner, place a 2 tablespoons of bicarb soda and 1 tea spoon of eucalyptus oil in the tablet dispenser and pour half a cup of vinegar into the rinse aid and run on a full wash, obviously with the dishwasher empty. This doesn’t replace the use of commercial cleaners. This method is to be used in conjunction with them.
- Use a gel protector to protect plates and cups from fading after being in the dishwasher. This saves having to buy new patterned crockery and cups.
To help you get most out of your dishwasher this Christmas, Finish are giving away one pack of Quantum tablets and two Dishwasher Protector Gels.
In order for you to enter the giveaway, answer this question. Using my dishwasher gives me more time to….? The most creative and interesting answer will win the giveaway. You could also follow The Plumbette on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or sign up to my newsletter. This is not essential though.
This is post has been written in accordance to my disclosure policy. I was sent 1 pack of Finish Quantum dishwashing tablets for the purpose of this post.
Terms and Conditions
1.This is a game of skill. Each valid entry to be judged on creativity and originality, not by chance.
2. There is one prize: One Pack of Finish Quantum Dishwashing Tablets and Two Finish Dishwasher Get Protectors.
3.Entries open from 6am Brisbane time Wednesday 26th November to Wednesday 3rd December 2014 6pm Brisbane Time.
4.Prize is not transferable or changeable
5.Prize sent out by the third party will not be replaced in the event it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit or virtually.
6.Entry is via leaving a comment or sending an email to answer the question.
7. A valid email address must be included in your entry.
8.Entry into any giveaway or competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
9.Entrants must be Australian residents and aged 18 or over
10. The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to reply and claim the prize. The winner will also be announced on Facebook. This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook.
11.The decision on the winner is final and no dialogue will be entered into otherwise.
12. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.