If you’re after some modern coastal bathroom ideas, this post has plenty of inspiration to help you.
A coastal bathroom is a relaxed style of bathroom, using colours and textures inspired by the beach.
To create a modern coastal bathroom, you will want to incorporate natural materials and neutral tones in your design.
Features of a Modern Coastal Bathroom
- White basins and baths in oval and round shapes
- Chrome or brushed nickel tapware
- Timber vanities with stone benchtops
- Crisp white walls
- Tiles with texture but in neutral colours of white, beige and grey with accent tiles in greys and blues, white grout lines
- Wall hung or concealed cistern toilets
- Jute rugs and baskets for warmth and texture
- Draping greenery like devils ivy and pothos plants
- Natural light with skylights or a large window
- Minimalistic fixtures with concealed plumbing – wall hung vanities, wet room open space design
- Woven pendant light and timber accents like stools and wooden bath caddy
Most modern coastal bathrooms will be predominantly all white, with chrome tapware, timber or white vanity and furnishings with natural accents to warm the space.
But if you need to add some colour, don’t be afraid to incorporate moodier tones like navy, beige grey and dark blues. Even pinks from an ocean view sunset can work with a coastal theme.
Matte black tapware can also work with this style of bathroom. Just balance the space with lighter surface areas and ensure there is a large amount of natural light to give the bathroom it’s reputable bright and breezy look.